Punjab Youth Internship Program
Punjab Youth Internship Program (PYIP) is an initiative of the Government of Punjab to equip the unemployed youth with productive skills to obtain better employment opportunities. The program is specially designed for the unemployed youth so that they obtain basic training to enhance their skills, which will ensure a secure livelihood in the long term.
The Program is open to the unemployed who have acquired 16 years of education and are not more than 30 years of age. The minimum requirement for the program is graduation from a local, government or private institution. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
PYIP will benefit more than 50,000 fresh graduates. PYIP internees will also receive a monthly stipend and the duration of this internship is 3 months.
Goals & Objectives:
This internship program is planned in a way that the unemployed youth can experience working in a public relations environment. This program will also help the internees to get hands on experience and enable them to apply what they have studied in their educational institutes.
The salient feature of this internship program is that the internees will be placed in different Government Departments/Private Organizations based on their academic qualifications. The broad academic disciplines will be matched with the functional categories of the jobs, available in different organizations.
The duration of the internship is 3 months. The internees are allowed to exit the program during this period, but they have to inform at least 15 days in advance. However, these interns will not receive the internship completion certificate or the stipend for the remaining period.
- Internees must have completed Sixteen Years of Education culmination in a degree from HEC recognized universities / Colleges.
- Clear & categorical preference shall be given to those who have passed out in the year 2011 onward.
- Age limit would be 30 years.
- Candidates must possess domicile of The Punjab Province.
- Must have valid CNIC.
- The interns will receive a monthly stipend of Rupees 10,000 during the internship. The internship is not an offer for any permanent employment.
Terms and Conditions:
- The internship is not an offer of an employment and it is no way associated with any future employment opportunity in that respective organization. The program only aims to provide training to the internees to enhance their professional capability and employability.
- The internees will be given a monthly stipend of Rs.10, 000 during the three month internship. No accommodation or travelling expenses will be provided during this internship.
- This is a full time internship program and the internees will be required to follow all the rules and regulations of the respective organization including timings and confidentiality requirements.
- The interns will have to attend a mandatory three day orientation program, which will be organized by the respective organization.
- The interns will be awarded internship completion certificates on successfully completing the program. These certificates will be based on formal performance evaluation and rating. The interns will be evaluated on attendance, performance on the job and other assignments, which may be assigned during the three month span of internship, by the respective organization.
- The internship is three months long. However, the Government reserves the right to terminate the internship of an internee at any stage.